For over 30 years quality educational and residential programs have been provided for children.
The Learning Tree serves more than 600 children and adolescents from more than 30 counties across Alabama.
More than 100 children are provided residential school services in Jacksonville, Mobile, and Tallassee, Alabama.
Preschool services are provided for more than 130 children.
Outreach and consultation services are coordinated with more than 75 school districts in Alabama.
- The Little Tree Preschools
- Woody's Song School
- Residential Programs
- Consultation Services
- Success Stories
The Little Tree Preschools are “inclusive” educational programs serving children with developmental challenges alongside their typically developing peers.
We utilize strategies based on the science of applied behavior analysis (ABA). We offer speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy as needed. The primary focus of intervention is language acquisition but additional areas such as self-care skills, play skills, social skills, and pre-academic skills in preparation for kindergarten are also important. Our teachers plan developmentally and age appropriate lessons utilizing thematic teaching. Additional teaching procedures used are not limited to the following: discrete trial teaching, incidental teaching, least-to-most prompting sequences, most-to-least prompting sequences, shaping, reinforcement and differential reinforcements.
Woody’s Song School helps children, ages 5-21 on the autism spectrum, increase their skills in the areas of language, socialization and cognitive skills while decreasing behaviors that interfere with their learning.
- Opened in August 2009, located at 5459 Able Court in Mobile, AL.
- A twelve month program that follows the Mobile County School System calendar.
- Staffing includes a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and qualified teaching assistants.
- Monitored by the Alabama State Department of Education and the Alabama Department of Mental Health.
The Learning Tree offers children with significant challenges, ages 6-21, residential placement in a community-based home with their educational services are delivered in a community-based school campus.
- Individualized, instructional programs are provided in a nurturing, supportive environment using applied behavior analysis principles
- Up to 36 homes are part of our residential program
- 24-hour care in a homelike setting that is suited to their unique and special needs
- Residential programs are located in Jacksonville, Tallassee and Mobile, Alabama
- Educational services are certified by the Alabama Department of Education.
- Homes are certified by Alabama Department of Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities.
- Other services include vocational skill training, advanced medical services, applied behavior analysis, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, dietary services and more.
- Intervention and support for individuals who face behavioral challenges.
- Consultation and support for children and adults of all ages, with varied developmental disabilities and behavioral problems.
- Consultation and Outreach Services for preschool programs
The Learning Tree strives to maximize independence and to minimize the risks of more restrictive and costly placements. Services are available in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi. Workshops are also available for teachers and administrators
We owe so much to The Learning Tree, and we are not alone. Each Learning Tree family has their own unique story of their child’s journey with autism. The Learning Tree is dedicated to helping families face the challenges of autism and other developmental disabilities, but they cannot do it alone. Nathan and I have made a commitment to help raise funds for The Learning Tree.
- June 22 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- July 20 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm