Consultation & Outreach Services offer intervention and support for individuals who face behavioral challenges; helping them to be more successful in their home environment, school, and community. Our focus is to remove behavioral barriers, increase skills, and broaden opportunities for individuals with disabilities. The Learning Tree offers consultation and support for children and adults of all ages, with varied developmental disabilities and behavioral problems.
Consultation and Outreach Services are also available for preschool programs; demonstrating the importance of intensive early intervention for children with autism and the advantages of typical peer participation.
The Learning Tree strives to maximize independence and to minimize the risks of more restrictive and costly placements. Services are available in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi. Workshops are also available for teachers and administrators on the topics listed below:
- Crisis prevention and management
- Functional life skills
- Strategic planning for realistic transitions into adulthood
- Training and supervising para-professional staff
- Functional behavioral assessments
- Behavior intervention plans
- Competency-based training
- Precision teaching/fluency instruction
- Data management
- Individualized instructional procedures for children
- Social skills training procedures
- Parent training